If you are using the QuickBooks software, you might not be strange about its efficacy. However, you might face certain technical errors while using it from time to time. Most users complain about dealing with QuickBooks Error Code H505. It occurs when you use the multi-user mode and causes the blockage of the multi-user connection to the server.
The error code can occur along with other H Series like H101, H202, and the like. However, you can carry out the QuickBooks Tool Hub download and tackle this error. There are also other ways to fix it. But before using the fixes, make a backup of your company file and update your QB solution to the latest version.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code H505?
When Error Code H505 occurs, you will see the message ‘This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.’ The error is related to problems in hosting settings. You must note that your computer can run in multi-user mode only when the server is compatible in that manner. If your system hosting the company file is not the only machine set to function as the host, you will encounter QuickBooks Error Code H505.
Apart from that, firewall blockage, damaged .nd file, and the non-operation of the QB DBXX service are other factors leading to this problem.
Ways to Tackle QuickBooks Error Code H505
There are various methods to fix this specific error. If you are tired of seeing the H505 error code flashing on your screen, it’s time to implement these measures.
Employ QuickBooks File Doctor.
Every person who has performed a QuickBooks download is advised to have the QuickBooks File Doctor utility with them. You can gain access to it through the QB tool hub application. Once you find this tool, you must go to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab. Here, you’ll find the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ button.
By running the file doctor tool, all your multi-user and H series errors will get resolved automatically.
Examine the security settings.
As mentioned earlier, firewall blockage of the communication is also a cause of the H505 error code. You can fix the issue by configuring the security and firewall settings for QuickBooks.
- Launch the ‘Run‘ dialog box.
- After that, access the ‘Control Panel‘ through it.
- Once here, tap the option of ‘System and Security.’
- Now, click ‘Windows Firewall and Network Protection.’
- Tap the option of ‘Advanced Settings.’
- Now select ‘Inbound Rule.’
- After that, select ‘New rule.’
- Select a port and tap the ‘Next‘ tab.
- See whether you selected the right TCP option.
- Now, input your QB Desktop year version’s ‘Port.’
- After entering it, tap ‘Next.’
- Lastly, finish the process by restarting QB Desktop.
Examine the hosting settings and verify QuickBooks services
Try assessing the QB hosting configuration and confirm the QuickBooks services. Here are the instructions to go by.
- Turn on QuickBooks on both servers.
- Next, launch the software and systems set as multi-user.
- Press’ File‘ followed by ‘Utilities.’
- Now discontinue or stop hosting the multi-user access settings.
- After that, turn on hosting and go into the ‘Utilities’ option.
- In order to verify QuickBooks services, input’ services.msc’ in the search bar.
- Find the QuickBooksDBXX service and double-click it.
- The startup must be ‘Automatic.’
- Now, head to the ‘Recovery‘ tab.
- Open the QuickBooksDBXX service manually.
- Now, tap ‘OK.’
- Use all these steps for ‘QBCFMonitorService.’
- Now, access QB in a multi-user setting on every affected system.
- Lastly, find the QuickBooksDBXX service, which is a part of the admin cluster.
- After you complete all these steps, restart the QuickBooks software.
Use the Tool Hub to run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If you are using the QB Tool Hub, you can use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix the issue. Here are the steps to run it.
- Firstly, choose ‘Network Issues‘ in the tool hub.
- Now, pick ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager.’
- Pick the ‘Start Scan’ option.
- If you cannot do it, browse the place of the company file and choose ‘Start Scan.’
- The Database Server Manager will fix the firewall permissions.
- After it does so, select ‘Close.’
- Now, open QuickBooks on every affected workstation.
- Choose ‘File‘ and turn on the multi-user mode.
These helpful fixes will allow you to troubleshoot Error Code H505 in QuickBooks effectively. You can notice that using the QuickBooks Tool Hub proves to be quite handy as it has tools to troubleshoot the issue for you. If the error persists, talk to a certified QuickBooks technical support service expert.