QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15106 by and large happens when you attempt to refresh your QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent delivery. At the point when this error happens, you will get a message “error 15106: The update program can’t open” or “error 15106: The update program is harmed”. We realize this can be disappointing on the grounds that it upsets the work process. Yet, this won’t be a major QuickBooks payroll issues any longer. We are here to help you, with his blog, we present to you the purposes for QuickBooks error15106 and answers for fixing it.
Purposes Behind QuickBooks Update Error 15106?
There are two essential purposes for the QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15106, which happens while introducing QuickBook’s most recent updates. They are:
- Your PC’s antivirus is impeding the updates.
- You are not Signed in as an Administrator on the PC.
How to Repair QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106?
This segment will help with the arrangements that can assist you with settling the QuickBooks update error15106 – QuickBooks Payroll problems.
- Sign in as an Admin on Computer
When you don’t sign in as an Administrator, sometimes, the system doesn’t allow you to install the updates. So, sign as an Admin on the computer and try to update QuickBooks again.
- Click on Start.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Select Change Account Type.
- Then, at that point, pick the Administrator choice assuming it is standard.
On the off chance that your record type is as of now set to managerial, follow one more technique to tackle QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15106. In the event that not, then contact your IT administrator to give the right to the client.
2. Stop Your Antivirus and Rename Folder
The antivirus also prevents the QuickBooks update, thus you face the error 15106, resolve it with the following:
- Press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys together to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and quest for [Antivirusname].exe.
Note: If you get an error, uninstall the antivirus program.
- Click on End Process.
- Rename the QuickBooks update envelope
- Press the “Windows + E” keys from the console to open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- For 64-cycle clients, C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components.
- Presently, right-click on the downloadqbAAA folder, then, at that point, pick Rename.
Note: AAA represents the QuickBooks year version.
- Add .old toward the finish of the envelope name and attempt to refresh QuickBooks once more.
3. Switch Off User Account Control (UAC)
Here are the moves toward switching off the UAC setting in Windows 10, 8, 8.1, and 7 to fix QuickBooks error15106.
- Press the “Windows + R” keys together on the console to open the Run window.
- Then, at that point, type Control Panel and snap on OK.
- Presently, pick User Accounts. Pick User Accounts (Classic View).
- Pick Change User Account Control Settings.
- Note: If you are provoked by UAC, pick Yes to proceed.
- Move the slider.
- Set the Never Notify and decide OK to switch UAC OFF.
- Set to Always Notify and decide to turn UAC ON.
- Restart the PC and check for the update error in QuickBooks
With the assistance of this, we present the strategies to determine your QuickBooks Payroll problems to Update error easily. You can follow the moves toward fixing the QuickBooks update error 15106 with next to no specialized information. In the wake of following the arrangements, in the event that you can’t fix the error, go ahead and stop for a brief moment to chat with our specialists. They will provide the best possible solution of QB issues. Thank You!